Friday, September 09, 2005

Off to San Pedro, Belize!

Hey everyone!

Welcome to my website! I will make it more elaborate as I figure out just how to work it! So, I am off to Belize on September 14th, in just 5 days!!! Alison Griswold and myself will be flying into Benque and staying there for a week. After a week of retreat/ preparation, we will head to the island of San Pedro with Ali Robezzoli, where we will begin our ministry. We are also so blessed to be joined by Ann Benage in October as well. Brothers and sisters in Christ, I am just blown away by the Lord's faithfulness. He truly has provided for this mission through the generous donations of family and friends. Most importantly, I am asking for prayers as I seek to live out His will in San Pedro. For those of you who do not know, we will be helping to run a mission parish down there. I am excited and eager to get there and figure out just how we will be doing this. I know that the people of San Pedro have a lot to teach me, and I am so blessed to enter into this culture. I pray that I can be a pure and holy vessel. I hope I can give, just a part of what I know will be received, from the people down there.

A scripture verse that I so often call 'my own' is 2 Corinthians 12:8-10. "He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness'. I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me. Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong." May this be our prayer. May we decrease so that He can increase. How amazing, that all I have to do is surrender to the Lord my weaknesses and sin. The Lord in His goodness can take whatever we have to offer and use it for His Glory. When we realize how weak we are, and trust in His Mercy and Grace, He truly can become our strength and transform us and use us for His Glory! Thank you for your prayers and support, and know that you will be in mine!

6 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Courtney!!

I hope you made it to Benque safely...I love spending time with you this summer. Please know you will totally be in my thoughts and prayers. Get to know Fr. Mark Wendling. He's incredible.

Peace of Christ,
Sarah Sheldon

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless, Courtney. I am humbled by your call to mission work. That verse in Corinthians is one of my favorites as well. Be safe, and know that your sisters are praying for you.

Maryann Scott

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you made it safe!

Love ya,
Kristi

 
At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Courtney! I am sooo proud of you. Also glad you made the plane. I love the website and am thinking about you every day. I know the Lord is watching over you. Love ya MOM

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my prayers are with you Court-don't be a stranger and go get'm : )
Love, Aim

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Court!
You're in my thoughts and prayers. I miss you! I just want to tell you that you're amazing- you live for God and are so full of life and love, you're an awesome example to all your sisters!
May God Bless and keep you,
Lisa
PS- it looks like paradise there...unlike here at Steubie ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home