Friday, September 16, 2005

Hello from Belize!!!

Well, I've been here for almost three days now in Benque, Belize. We are staying at a school that Ali and Alison used to teach at last year, just 3 miles from the Guatemala border. Let's just say that four full nalgene bottles of water is still not enough with the heat down here. Today I saw the biggest spider I've ever seen, and everyone laughed saying it was a small one in comparison. There has also been a moth living in my room that is bigger than a bat, and I'm the only one that flinches when it flies around. Apparently, you just get used to all of this after a while.

The school here is just awesome. As I have said, there is such simplicity and beauty in places of poverty. I do ask that you all pray for me again. I know the first month will be a hard adjustment and we will not even be settling in San Pedro (where we'll be living) until next week. I was praying last night, however and Jesus so lovingly reminded me to take His hand. As foreign as this place is to me right now, I am so blessed that He is walking with me step by step as I learn to live in this new culture. I am also seeing how beautiful loneliness can be, because in loneliness the Lord is able to call us closer to Himself. I have known this for a while, but I am now experiencing it in a deeper way. It is so easy to tune Him out, because the world can be so noisy. He really is speaking all the time to us, I think I just forget to listen. I am already seeing how the Lord bringing me here is going to challenge me to seek Him even more with my whole heart! To Him be all the Glory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home